Hiring Dynamic French Instructor
French For Fun, a unique French language and cultural center, is a well-regarded business and is looking for a French Instructor for its Immersion program. French For Fun specializes in French Total Immersion programs starting at a very young age and provides a challenging academic curriculum. 2009 Nominee Best Specialty Schools in Contra Costa.
French Instructor for children and teens (elementary / middle school). Afternoons/Evenings.
The candidate must demonstrate the following skills & competencies
- Being raised/lived in France in recent years
- Knowledge of 21st century France: contemporary language, culture, music, movies, etc.
- Able to share with our students his/her knowledge of today's France, its current way of living
- Must have traveled throughout France and possess a good knowledge of the different parts of France
- Must have a valid work permit. No visa sponsoring.
- Must have a Bachelor degree (French equivalent is a License Bac. + 3)
- Proven experience with children of multiple ages
- Must demonstrate sound work ethics
- Effective verbal, listening, writing communications skills
- Able to do multitasking
- Able to communicate with parents in proper English
- Must have strong computer skills (MS Office, Excel, internet, social media, creating flyers, handling photos, etc)
- Knowledge in French literature a plus
- Arts, crafts background a plus
Candidate must be:
- Passionate about teaching
- Energetic, enthusiastic
- Creative, resourceful
- Reliable, dedicated and willing to learn
COMPENSATION: depending on experience
LOCATION: Lafayette, CA - San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay)
Easy access via Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) ; free parking
To apply for this position, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (in French please) and your references at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your profile is selected, a preliminary phone interview will be conducted in French. Merci!